THE POWER OF ART IS THE POWER TO MOVE
HOW CAN ART BE USED as a powerful tool to drive personal empowerment, community development, and social change?
Transcending the barriers of language, culture and time, explore art as a unifying force that frames critical conversations about social issues that span the environment to migration. Understand how art, in its many forms and facets, can be used to heal, uplift and
bring people together.
ART AS CULTURE, ART AS CATALYST
- View Chiang Mai through the lens of art: gain new perspectives on how art has influenced its culture, history, and society
- Learn about, experience and even compare the 'hows and whys' of art therapists and practitioners in Singapore and Chiang Mai - be inspired by the creativity, heart and passion of people who have dedicated their lives to uplifting others by sharing their craft
- Be invited to rigorously ideate, create and celebrate art alongside our community experts: rise up to the challenge of designing and executing (with help, of course) a custom workshop applying art to create social impact
- Experience and appreciate the depth and vibrancy of Thai culture and hospitality, while also delving deep into Thailand's history and the diversity of their way of life!
For maximum impact, participants will undergo pre-trip training on workshop design and begin brainstorming curriculum up to 5 weeks before the start of the course, submitting initial plans before the course commences. Participants MUST be committed to submitting this initial proposal, so that the products may be completed within the 8 days in Chiang Mai.
Fees will differ according to the requirements of your group - please contact us for more information.
Fees typically include the following:
- Accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (including flights and airport transfers)
- Entrance fees for attractions
- Course materials
- Insurance cover
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
Your investment in our courses enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also also goes towards the development of future courses and journeys - we do intensive consultations and site visits with every partner organisation we work with. Finally, your support provides opportunities for past participants to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
JOIN US IF YOU...
- Are passionate about the arts and how it can be used for social change and community development!
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)