Cancellation & Refund Policy
Thank you for choosing Skillseed as a business partner. Cash flow is critically important to us and our beneficiaries, as a lot of work starts way before each course actually takes place. To be fair to our community partners and our staff, we may, depending on the specific situation, decline to work with clients who do not or cannot place an upfront deposit and/or pay the full amount upfront.
Skillseed supports many different community partners in Singapore. Payment upon completion of the course with long credit term conditions means delaying disbursements to our community partners and beneficiaries for months. In their situation, as you can imagine, any delay could be critical.
Skillseed prides ourselves in channeling funds to our community partners first. This is not just a business for us – this is about supporting livelihoods. To this end we believe we have a fair cancellation and refund policy, and welcome any suggestions on how we can improve. We thank you for respecting the way we work and for supporting our commitment to fair practices.
These Terms and Conditions stated here are considered acknowledged and agreed to by the School/Organisation when an Award Notice is given or when a Purchase Order (or any form of course acceptance) is issued to Skillseed (the Company).
a. Deposit and Confirmation
Upon confirmation of engagement with Skillseed in writing/award of a Purchase Order, we would require a deposit of 50% of the workshop’s or learning journey’s costs, payable within 30 days upon issue of invoice from Skillseed. 50% shall be paid upon completion of the workshop or learning journey.
b. Cancellation & Refund Terms
Our Cancellation and Refund Policy for workshops/learning journeys are as follows:
- No refunds or reduction in fees payable will be made for subsequent decreases in the number of participants during the actual day of learning workshop/learning journey after the initial confirmation of the number of participants, as stipulated in writing by the School/Organisation prior to the workshop/learning journey
- Any increase in the number of participants for the workshop/learning journey on the actual day (deviating from the number confirmed in writing by the School/Organisation prior to the trail) will be liable for additional charges
Should the school or organisation decide to cancel the entire program, the following terms will apply provided notice of cancellation is given in writing:
- If there are development costs quoted for the workshops or learning journeys, the school or organisation agrees to pay the development costs in full even if they decide to cancel the actual workshop or learning journey
- Less than 15 days before the workshop or learning journey: No refunds will be made
- More than 15 days before the workshop or learning journey: 20% of fees will be refunded
Should the school or organisation decide to postpone, change or request to deviate from the final itinerary, content or agenda as submitted by Skillseed and mutually agreed upon in writing, Skillseed reserves the right to charge the following amendment costs upon receiving the request in writing:
- Less than 15 days before the workshop or learning journey: A minimum of $30 per pax administrative fee (determined by Skillseed based on the extensiveness of the change) plus any expenses incurred from the result of the change.
Should Skillseed decide to cancel the entire course due to unforeseen circumstances, all fees, excluding expenses already incurred on behalf of the school or organisation, will be refunded.
c. Refund of Unused Services During Workshop or Learning Journey
Should the School or Organisation decide not to utilize the meals, transportation, land tours, or other services already included in the cost during the course of the workshop or learning journey, no refund or exchange shall be allowed. Any additional costs due to transportation and/or meals will be borne by the School/Organisation.
d. Changes Initiated by the Skillseed
Skillseed shall make every effort possible to avoid changes in the programme but should changes be necessary due to factors beyond the reasonable control of Skillseed including (but not limited to), war, civil disorder, viral outbreaks, weather or local conditions, Skillseed shall be entitled to do so subject to notice being given as soon as possible.
Skillseed shall endeavour to substitute a suitable arrangement of similar standard, and the School or Organization shall have no entitlement to compensation of any form. Please note that additional charges may apply for alternatives packages.
e. Third Party Providers
We incorporate and rely on the services of transport companies, restaurants and other third-party service providers for our programs. These Terms and Conditions and all arrangements or bookings relating to the course are additionally subject, in every respect, to any terms and conditions that may be imposed by these third- party service providers. Whilst we will endeavour to render reasonable assistance to our Customers wherever possible, we have no control over these third-party service providers and shall not be liable, in any way, for any changes made by or acts or omissions on the part of such third-party service providers in connection with any course.
In respect of these services provided, Skillseed only accepts responsibility for such services over which it has full and direct control. Skillseed does not accept liability of responsibility for any acts, omissions or defaults of other service providers unless the same could have been reasonably avoided by Skillseed or unless the same is caused directly by the negligence of Skillseed, its servants or agents.
g. Limitations & Exclusions
Skillseed shall be entitled to rely upon and invoke all limitations and exclusions of liability under all appropriate international conventions and nothing herein contained shall operate to defeat or diminish the Skillseed’s rights in that respect.
h. Force Majeure
Skillseed does not accept any responsibility whether in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss or expenses caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond the reasonable control of Skillseed or which are unavoidable by the exercise of due diligence on the Skillseed’s part including but not limited to war, strike, industrial action, civil disorders, floods, earthquakes, severe weather conditions, outbreak & spread of viral diseases, acts of God, acts of Government (local or overseas) or any other authorities.
i. Rights, Disclaimers and Indemnity Relating to courses
Without limiting any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be responsible or assume any liability to any participant for:
- any injury, damage, loss or delay affecting any person or property not arising from our own negligence or breach;
- any loss, damage, cost, expense or delay suffered or incurred due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to: (i) actions or omissions of third parties (including any applicable third party service providers); (ii) mechanical breakdowns; (iii) a Force Majeure Event; (iv) a failure by the participant to comply with any of his or her obligations hereunder; (vi) a failure by the participant to follow reasonable instructions.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, our maximum liability to any participant for any loss, damage, cost and/or expense shall in no event exceed the amount of the Package Program fare paid to and received by us in respect of such Customer or participant.
- In no event shall we be liable for any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, including loss of production, profit, revenue or contract or loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation. We reserve the right to withdraw any itinerary or any reservation made and/or to decline or refuse any individual as a member of the workshop or learning journey, if it appears to us, in our absolute discretion, that such individual is likely to endanger the health or safety, or impair the comfort and enjoyment of the other members of the program.
You agree to indemnify us, our affiliates and our respective facilitators, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees (on a full indemnity basis), arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
j. Security and Safety concerns
For the safety of all members of the workshop or learning journey, Skillseed, through its representative/s shall be empowered to deal with any participant (in consultation with the organizer/teacher in charge) in an appropriate manner (including requiring the said participant to exercise restraint or leave the group) if such a person should act or misbehave in a manner which is unreasonable, violent or detrimental to the enjoyment, interest and safety of the other participants. In such a situation, Skillseed shall not entertain any claims for refund or compensation.
k. Third Party Rights
For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act and notwithstanding any other provisions set forth in this document, this Agreement is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it, any right to enforce any of its provisions.
l. Confidentiality and Privacy
We will comply with all relevant obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of your personal data in accordance with our privacy statement.
We may take photographs and videos of participants participating in our workshops or learning journeys for our advertising and publicity materials (e.g. course catalogue) and by joining our workshops or learning journeys, all participants shall be deemed to have consented to such collection and/or use on our part. Notwithstanding, any participant who wishes to withdraw his or her consent to our collection or use of any photographs or videos that may feature such participants, may notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, whereupon we will endeavour, as soon as reasonably practicable, to remove any reference to such participant from our advertising and publicity materials and/or related media programmes; provided always that we shall not be liable to recall or change any such materials or media programmes which have been produced, publicly distributed or disseminated by us prior to receiving such notice.
m. Claims & Dispute Resolution
Should the School/Organisation have any complaints, it is desirable that the same be notified to Skillseed immediately so that action/s may be taken to resolve the complaint expeditiously. The School’s/Organisation’s complaint should be in writing (either by letter or email) and forwarded to Skillseed no later than 7 days upon completion of the workshop or learning journey.
n. Severability of Terms & Conditions
Each provision herein is intended to be separate and independent of the others and in the event should any of the provisions herein be determined or adjudged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions herein shall be unimpaired and shall continue to apply.
o. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the parties expressly submit themselves to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.