CULTIVATE CREATIVITY AND A PROGRESSIVE APPRECIATION OF THE ARTS
WITH ONE OF the most edgy and creative cities in the world as our classroom, this journey challenges its participants to consider diverse art forms and the purpose, meaning, and stories behind each work. Via immersion in artistic environs, exposure and hands-on deep dives into different mediums, participants will explore the motivations behind and the impact of various art forms, and gain a deeper understanding of the power of art within both mainstream and alternative culture.
Art: more accessible and relevant than you think.
- Visit some of London's best known art museums housing some of the world's most prized artworks - not as passive observers, but active inquirers
- Through exposure, discussions and reflections, expand your definition and understanding of art - connect the dots to appreciate the relationship between different art forms and the narratives embedded in both traditional and more contemporary art
- Be inspired by the thought and execution behind boundary-pushing innovation and human-centric designs that transform how people work, travel, and live
- Learn from creative communities and social enterprises collaborating to use their strengths, skills and collective power to create a social impact
- Gain hands-on experience and a personal appreciation of craftsmanship via interactive workshops where you'll learn directly from artisans
- Hone your capacity for creative expression as you practice articulating your thoughts, feelings and informed opinions through different mediums
Fees will differ according to your needs - please contact us for more information.
Fees typically include the following:
- Accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (within United Kingdom and excluding airfares)
- Entrance fees for attractions
- Course materials
- Insurance cover
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
Your investment in our courses enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also also goes towards the development of future courses and journeys - we do intensive consultations and site visits with every partner organisation we work with. Finally, your support provides opportunities for past participants to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
JOIN US IF YOU...
- Are passionate about art, design, and lifestyle!
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration!
- Are Fluent in English (written & spoken)