CULTIVATE CREATIVITY AND A PROGRESSIVE APPRECIATION OF THE ARTS
WITH ONE OF the most edgy and creative cities in the world as our classroom, this journey challenges its participants to consider diverse art forms and the purpose, meaning, and stories behind each work. Via immersion in artistic environs, exposure and hands-on deep dives into different mediums, participants explore the motivations behind and impact of a myriad art forms, and gain a deeper understanding of the power of art within both mainstream and alternative culture.
Art: more accessible and relevant than you think.
- Visit some of Europe's best known art museums housing some of the world's most prized artwork - not as passive observers, but active inquirers
- Through exposure, discussions and reflections, expand your definition and understanding of art - connect the dots to appreciate the relationship between different art forms and the narratives embedded in both traditional and more contemporary art
- Be inspired by the thought and execution behind boundary-pushing innovation and human-centric designs that transform how people work, travel, and live
- Learn from creative communities and social enterprises collaborating to use their strengths, skills and collective power to create a social impact
- Gain hands-on experience and a personal appreciation of craftsmanship via interactive workshops where you'll learn directly from artisans
- Hone your capacity for creative expression as you practice articulating your thoughts, feelings and informed opinions through different mediums
INFORMATION ON COURSE FEES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH PARTNER SCHOOLS.
Fees typically include the following:
- Accommodation & meals (we pick socially/ environmentally responsible choices!)
- Transport (within United Kingdom and excluding airfares)
- Entrance fees for attractions
- Course materials
- Insurance cover
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
- Contribution to beneficiaries
Your investment in our course also enables Skillseed to further our social mission by supporting the organisations we work with to fulfill their social mission. It also goes towards course development (we do intensive consultations with key organisations and conduct project site visits!) and provides opportunities for course alumni to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF YOU ARE...
- At least 15 years of age and in good health
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Passionate about art, design, and public life!