A crash course IN RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION FOR THE FOODIE,
THE 'FUSSY EATER', AND EVERYONE IN BETWEEN
DESIGNED TO PURSUE the questions modern consumers and foodies have about the origins of food and what it really means to eat well, this is an illuminating and hands-on experience that will take you deep into North Thailand's culinary cultures, by way of Chiang Mai city and its picturesque provincial villages. Through insightful lessons from farmers, chefs, baristas, agriculturalists, and Thai Mamas, you will get your hands and feet dirty making the journey from farm to table, and gain a deep appreciation and understanding of what makes food good, and how food is a critical influence on culture and community health.
where does your food come from, and why does it matter?
- Dive deep to understand what organic farming and farm-to-table mean for both producers and consumers, by joining experts on the ground and in the field to farm, forage, and of course, feed
- Be inspired by how tight-knit communities and organisations leverage locally, lovingly grown food as an asset for sustainable development
- No experience in cooking? No problem! Through both formal and home-based cooking lessons, you'll come away with both knowledge and practice in whipping up traditional Thai dishes using local produce
- Experience Thailand hospitality like never before as you build bridges across language barriers while staying with warm, hospitable (and safety-screened) local families in scenic villages across Chiang Mai province
Fees will differ according to your needs - please contact us for more information.
Fees typically include the following:
- All accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (includes ground transport and airport transfers, and excludes airfares - but flights between Singapore and Thailand can be booked via Skillseed upon request)
- Entrance fees for attractions, workshops, and excursions
- All course or project materials
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
Your investment in our courses enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also also goes towards the development of future courses and journeys - we do intensive consultations and site visits with every partner organisation we work with. Finally, your support provides opportunities for past participants to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
JOIN US IF YOU...
- Are passionate about food and sustainable development!
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)