A SOCIALLY-CONSCIOUS JOURNEY INTO THE HEART OF SOCIAL IMPACT
IN THIS EYE-OPENING journey, you will gain valuable insights on design, responsible supply chains, social impact, and more. You will get to go behind-the-scenes of a very special retail social enterprise's design process, work hand-in-hand with talented local artisans to craft meaningful designs, bring them to life, and make a social impact!
design with a clear purpose.
- Work alongside artisans and to know their stories as you work together to transform designs into products with stories to tell and an impact that transforms lives
- Through your involvement throughout each stage of making a design come to life, gain exposure to the nuances and complexities of the different stages or product development, including prototyping, supply-chain issues, and marketing and distribution
- Analyse and understand the impact of responsible production and their converse on the ground
- Learn about and experience the 'hows and whys' of social enterprises - be inspired by the creativity, heart and passion of people who have dedicated their careers to social impact
- Experience and appreciate the fullness of Cambodian culture and hospitality, while also learning about the country's complex history and visiting several national treasures.
For maximum impact, participants will undergo pre-trip training on design and begin brainstorming designs up to 5 weeks before the start of the course, submitting initial proposals before the course commences. Participants MUST be committed to submitting this initial proposal, so that the products may be completed within the 8 days in Cambodia.
Fees will differ according to your needs - please contact us for more information.
Fees typically include the following:
- Accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (including flights and airport transfers)
- Entrance fees for attractions
- Course materials
- Insurance cover
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
Your investment in our courses enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also also goes towards the development of future courses and journeys - we do intensive consultations and site visits with every partner organisation we work with. Finally, your support provides opportunities for past participants to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
JOIN US IF YOU...
- Are passionate about design, and community development!
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)