aligning the head, hand, & heart with the needs of the world
Our youth will grow up in a VUCA world where the possibility of disruption in every industry is the only constant. In an age of exponential technological advancement, your students need an education that prepares them to be more than workplace-ready; they need an education that makes them world-ready.
Skillseed courses equip youth with the complex competencies to thrive in the future, and craft each of our courses around these outcomes, which are aligned with Ministry of Education mandates, and backed up by studies from Google and experts from the Harvard Business Review. These include broad learning skills, being comfortable with uncertainty and diverse views, critical-thinking, entrepreneurial dare, empathy, and resilience - cultivated through experiential learning.
our metrics of success:
- Propensity for experimentation
- Willingness to accept diverse views
- Exposure to and appreciation of different cultures
- Cross-cultural communication
- Relationship-building with peers of different social and cultural backgrounds
- Sense of engagement with host community
- Perceived value of community involvement
- Perceived ability to effect change in participant's home communities
- Socio-economic and political awareness in host and home country
- Complexity of perspectives about the host country
- Perspectives on volunteering
- Perceived confidence in quality of volunteer work
- Personal sense of social responsibility
- - - 83.0
" It was an enriching experience; we could not learn these concepts just by reading a textbook, but only by applying them in real life"
- - - 87.5
" One of the highlights of my trip was getting to know the Mamas, whose lives and livelihoods would be impacted by the success or failure of our efforts, and even befriending some of them "
85.6 - - -
" I achieved my objective of being able to see new perspectives, things in a different light, and being open and accepting to different cultures"
89.1 - - -
" I wanted to learn more about Cambodia and I learned a lot during this trip, be it from listening to others or through hands-on activities"
- - - 86.2
" When I look at the marketing plan we had designed, I am proud to say that I was a part of this and I hope that the results bear fruit for the Mamas we’ve come to know and love in time to come "