GAIN A DEEP Respect for the GREAT outdoors
EVER WONDERED WHY Sweden is one of the most environmentally sustainable countries in the world? From the pristine waters of South Sweden’s lakes to the breathtaking foliage of temperate forests, join us for an insider experience led by some of Sweden’s most respected environmental and wilderness advocates. You will get to explore a sustainable pre-school, delight in the bounty of nature at sustainable fisheries and organic farms, and build camaraderie with like-minded individuals as you build up a toolbox of rugged real-world survival skills that includes fishing, canoeing and woodcraft. This trip will deeply engage your senses in experiencing the natural environment, and spark conversations about what it means to live mindfully and closely with nature.
JOURNEY INTO THE WILD
Under the tutelage of a local wilderness expert, learn essential skills of wilderness living such as starting your own campfire, woodcraft and fishing. Embark on a transformative journey of wilderness competency while harnessing nature's resources responsibly.
Take on the once-in-a-lifetime challenge of living as a nomad by pitching a tent under the stars and spending the night in a home beyond walls. If it gets chilly, you always have the option of returning to the warmth of the hostel!
* This experience is optional.
CLASSES FOR WILDERNESS LIVING
Jump in, get your hands dirty: here, learning takes place classrooms without walls, including going behind the scenes of a sustainable fishery and an organic bakery. These field visits will be complemented by simple lectures, workshops, and demonstrations.
Whether it is hiking on the beautiful nature trails, commuting by bicycle or navigating waters in a canoe, you'll experience the wilderness in vastly different ways and grasp the value of outdoor education and the importance of nurturing a close relationship with the outdoors.
EDUCATION FOR THE FUTURE
Experience innovative outdoor pedagogy at a local preschool dedicated to instilling academic excellence and love for the environment in kids from a young age- where play, nature and learning are melded together!
COPENHAGEN CITY EXPLORATION
Spend two days in Copenhagen soaking up Scandinavian vibes in the capital of the World's Happiest Country, the home of hygge. Join us to explore our favourite sites or take some time out for a solo sojourn. All participants will be given a city pass for free travel on public transport so you can make the most of your time here!
Stay in charming cottage-style or rustic inn accommodations, in double or quadruple occupancy rooms situated by a beautiful lake. As this is a small, family-run establishment, please let us know if you need single occupancy and we'll do our best to accommodate your request at an additional price, subject to availability.
Put up at a studio hotel (or equivalent) designed by a prominent Danish architectural firm, centrally located at the heart of the city - 200meters from Amager beach (known for its surfing), a 10-minute bike ride from the city centre, and a 5-minute walk from the nearest metro station. Facilities include free wi-fi, an onsite restaurant, gym, and a bar. Participants will be staying in double occupancy rooms, but single occupancy rooms may be accommodated for an additional charge upon request.
SGD 2,790 *
This price excludes the cost of flights, insurance, and your visa (if applicable).
* for those requesting single occupancy for Copenhagen, an additional SGD 150 will be charged.
SKILLSEED is able to help you book your flights, purchase travel insurance and/ or apply for a visa at additional charges, contingent on airline charges at time of booking.
- Airfare *
- Insurance coverage
- Visas (if applicable)
- Single room supplement
- Personal expenses
* Please note that this programme begins and ends in Copenhagen, Denmark.Return flight costs departing from Singapore are estimated to range from $800 - 1500 for full service airlines, depending on your choice of carrier and time of booking.
- Accommodation - details are above.
- All meals - except breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Days 8 and 9
- All ground transport, including a Copenhagen 72 hour City Pass
- All activity fees - except for self-initiated activities on Days 8 and 9
- 24/7 first-aid trained and experienced facilitators
- Engaging local experts & community partners
- Guidebook, pre-trip briefing and travel assistance
- A certificate for Outdoor Skills from the Wilderness school
Your investment in our courses enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also also goes towards the development of future courses and journeys - we do intensive consultations and site visits with every partner organisation we work with. Finally, your support provides opportunities for past participants to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
SIGN ME UP!
Drop us an email to register your interest, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!
JOIN US IF YOU...
- Are passionate about nature and the great outdoors!
- Are at least 21 years of age and in good health
- Comfortable with swimming (life-jackets provided), cycling and general outdoor activities - this is a journey in the outdoors and involves moderate trekking as well as some water activities
- Have no aquaphobia or an inhibiting fear of tools (e.g. knives, saws, axes) which may be employed in the construction of campfires and other activities
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration!
- Are Fluent in English (written & spoken)