A study of entrepreneurship within a complex, thriving ecosystem
In this immersive, experiential learning journey, dive deep into the buzz of Hong Kong to learn about how the city cultivate's urban entrepreneurship and uncover the power of innovation and business in addressing communities' evolving needs, increasing civic engagement, and crafting identity. As you get up, close and personal with entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, incubators and renowned social enterprises in the city of Hong Kong, you'll gain a grasp of how entrepreneurship, innovation, and societal impact intersect.
what is the role of entrepreneurship in problem-solving?
- Meet with, hear and learn from local entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, incubators and social enterprises to understand the role of different stakeholders in cultivating a culture of entrepreneurship that makes a wider impact
- Understand the evolution of entrepreneurship in Hong Kong and examine how the lessons in this development may be abstracted and applied in different contexts
- Examine the tension between heritage and the relentless pursuit of growth on both macro and micro levels - seen in Hong Kong as well as many global cities, and analyse different approaches to reconciling both pillars
- See the city of Hong Kong in a different light, via specially-curated and thought-provoking trails and hands-on workshops by everyday Hong Kong-ers who create social impact by bridging cultures through education
INFORMATION ON COURSE FEES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH PARTNER SCHOOLS, OR EMAIL US TO FIND OUT MORE
Fees typically include the following:
- Accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (including flights and airport transfers)
- Entrance fees for attractions
- Course materials
- Insurance cover
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
Your investment in our courses also enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also goes towards course development (we do intensive consultations with key organisations and conduct project site visits!) and provides opportunities for course alumni to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF YOU...
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Passionate about social entrepreneurship, business, and urban issues!