go further and deeper into the mechanisms of social innovation
CHALLENGE WHAT YOU know about the world around you - through hands-on workshops, community trails, and meetings with local changemakers, learn to spot and build perspective on the issues below that surface, and build up your own kit of knowledge, frameworks, inspiration and powerful tools that will enable you to design, implement, and evaluate innovative solutions to social challenges!
create an impact in your community.
- Pick up critical tools that'll empower you to think laterally, and look beyond the surface and identify obscured issues and relate to hidden communities in both the host country and your home country
- Through fun and engaging workshops, gain transferable skills, such as Design Thinking, the Theory of Change, Social Business Model Canvas, and more - and put them into practice via a challenge to present your own project ideas for your home communities
- Be inspired by examples of social innovation that are making an impact across different spheres of society here in Singapore, and discuss the opportunities and challenges within the sector with Singaporean social entrepreneurs
- Get to know a side of Singapore that few - even locals - know about, through trails and exchanges with your local peers; gain valuable perspectives to the garden city and explore the role of narratives in nation-building and national development
INFORMATION ON COURSE FEES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH PARTNER SCHOOLS, OR EMAIL US TO FIND OUT MORE
Fees typically include the following:
- Accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (including flights and airport transfers)
- Entrance fees for attractions
- Course materials
- Insurance cover
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
Your investment in our courses also enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also goes towards course development (we do intensive consultations with key organisations and conduct project site visits!) and provides opportunities for course alumni to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF YOU...
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Passionate about social change, entrepreneurship, and urban issues!