silicon valley: a state of mind
Not only the tech capital of the world as home to the world's giants, but also an explosion of entrepreneurial energy, community organizing, and thought leadership. Visit top universities like Stanford and Berkeley, meet pioneers of technology that are revolutionizing their industries, and go behind the scenes to discover what it actually takes to make an impact on the world. The expedition is designed to expand a participant's worldview and understand future trends, to not only inform their own purpose and career journeys, but grow their ability as young leaders to make profit and impact in the world.
bottle the magic of the valley.
- Visits to the mothership campuses of technology giants Facebook and Google, and experience the magic in the air of the Valley!
- Get to know what life in the Valley is really like from the perspective of your local peers through fun student mixers and campus tours at Stanford and Berkeley University
- Get up close and personal with the inner workings of business and social impact in close-door sessions with entrepreneurs and social change-makers
- Discover the communities, social enterprises, and benefit corporations that are pioneering new models of change
- Find out what's in the water in the Valley, experience and deconstruct the conditions that have facilitated a pervasive and internationally celebrated culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Learn more about yourself, the gifts of the hand, heart, and head you have to offer, and explore how you might use them to serve the world
INFORMATION ON COURSE FEES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH PARTNER SCHOOLS, OR EMAIL US TO FIND OUT MORE
Fees typically include the following:
- All accommodation & meals (socially responsible wherever possible)
- Ground Transport (including airport transfers)
- Entrance fees for attractions, workshops, and excursions
- All course or project materials
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
- Support and guidance for international travel; flights between Singapore and Thailand can be booked via Skillseed upon request
Your investment in our courses also enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also goes towards course development (we do intensive consultations with key organisations and conduct project site visits!) and provides opportunities for course alumni to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF YOU...
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Are curious about entrepreneurship, scaling social impact, and linking passion and purpose!