silicon valley: a state of mind
Not only is the tech capital of the world home to the world's giants, but it is also an explosion of entrepreneurial energy, community organizing, and thought leadership. Visit top universities like Stanford and Berkeley, meet pioneers of technology that are revolutionizing their industries, and go behind-the-scenes to discover what it actually takes to make an impact on the world. This expedition is designed to expand a participant's worldview and understand future trends, to not only inform their own purpose and career journeys, but also grow their ability as young leaders who make both profit and impact in the world.
bottle the magic of the valley.
- Visits to the mothership campuses of technology giants Facebook and Google, and experience the magic in the air of the Valley!
- Get to know what life in the Valley is really like from the perspective of your local peers through fun student mixers and campus tours at Stanford and Berkeley University
- Get up close and personal with the inner workings of business and social impact in close-door sessions with entrepreneurs and social change-makers
- Discover the communities, social enterprises, and benefit corporations that are pioneering new models of change
- Find out what's in the water in the Valley, experience and deconstruct the conditions that have facilitated a pervasive and internationally celebrated culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Learn more about yourself, the gifts of the hand, heart, and head you have to offer, and explore how you might use them to serve the world
Fees will differ according to your needs - please contact us for more information.
Fees typically include the following:
- All accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (includes ground transport and airport transfers, and excludes airfares - but flights between Singapore and San Francisco can be booked via Skillseed upon request)
- Entrance fees for attractions, workshops, and excursions
- All project materials
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
Your investment in our courses enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also also goes towards the development of future courses and journeys - we do intensive consultations and site visits with every partner organisation we work with. Finally, your support provides opportunities for past participants to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
JOIN US IF YOU...
- Are curious about entrepreneurship, scaling social impact, and linking passion and purpose!
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)