LEARN ABOUT what makes cities liveable
WHAT MAKES CITIES inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable? How do urban systems work and interact with environmental systems, culture and heritage? What roles do communities have in creating and shaping the way cities are build? In this course, participants will be exposed to the themes of sustainable development, urban planning and place-making through the broad lens of the socio-cultural, physical and environmental aspects of urban sustainability.
This is for anyone who is interested in preserving cultures, place-making and urban planning, and show passion in harnessing the understanding of developmental frameworks to make real and sustainable social change.
Held in both Singapore and Penang, participants will be challenged to examine the theme of sustainable development and liveability in these two cities; be exposed to the underlying themes of progress and sustainability, as well as the political decisions made at the intersection between Geography and History.
Participants can also look forward to engagements with selected social sector partners and environmental immersion. At the same time, you will enjoy interacting with the local communities, NGOs and non-profits in Penang and Singapore to learn how they are working to promote sustainable development through inter-sector collaborations.
Fees will differ according to your needs - please contact us for more information.
Fees typically include the following:
- Accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (including flights and airport transfers)
- Entrance fees for attractions
- Course materials
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
Your investment in our courses enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also also goes towards the development of future courses and journeys - we do intensive consultations and site visits with every partner organisation we work with. Finally, your support provides opportunities for past participants to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
JOIN US IF YOU...
- Are passionate about urban studies, place-making, architecture, and culture!
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)