inspire the next generation of environmental guardians
THINK YOU KNOW Bali? Think again! Live out of a remote national park with its resident scientist in a truly immersive experience that will take you from the depths of monsoon forests to hiking mangroves and snorkelling alongside schools of iridescent fish and pristine coral reefs - all while learning about why the Earth and all its biomes require our protection, and how you might best contribute to the movement to responsibly steward our Earth's precious resources.
get to know our planet INSIDE OUT.
- Work alongside local conservationists, activists, and agriculturalists and contribute to their impactful work on the ground
- Hike coastal forests in a remote, pristine corner of Bali and snorkel off an uninhabited sacred island - connect intimately with nature and learn about what you can do to protect them
- Through stories, lectures, games, and other fun activities, learn from the national park's resident scientist about each of the Earth's biomes
- Savour Balinese culture and hospitality as you experience ancient traditions, ceremonies, dance, music and conversations with locals!
- Connect your knowledge to experience and practice in this invaluable opportunity where the world is literally your classroom
Fees will differ according to your needs - please contact us for more information.
Fees typically include the following:
- All accommodation & meals (we make socially and environmentally responsible choices as far as possible!)
- Transport (includes ground transport and airport transfers, and excludes airfares - but flights between Singapore and Bali can be booked via Skillseed upon request)
- Course materials
- Engaging experts & 24/7 experienced facilitators
where your $ goes
Your investment in our courses enables Skillseed to further our social mission by empowering local communities through employment or job creation. It also also goes towards the development of future courses and journeys - we do intensive consultations and site visits with every partner organisation we work with. Finally, your support provides opportunities for past participants to further develop their skills and passions with us or our partner organisations.
For this course, >50% of your course fees go towards the employment of locals, and approximately 10% supports our NGO partner's educational and advocacy efforts in North-West Bali - directly enabling them to reach local young people (that they would not otherwise be able to reach) to learn about local ecology, waste management, and field trips to observe the impact on coral reefs.
JOIN US IF YOU...
- Love nature and love being in outdoors, with a fierce curiosity to learn more about the world we live in!
- Are at least 15 years of age and in good health
- Have no strict vegan diet requirements or severe allergies or debilitating allergies, and don't require prescription medicine that requires constant refrigeration
- Are fluent in English (written & spoken)
100% OF PARTICIPANTS AGREED THAT THEY:
DEVELOPED A GREATER SENSE OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
BECAME MORE APPRECIATIVE OF CULTURAL DIFFERENCES
CAN RELATE SOME OF THE SOCIAL ISSUES EXPLORED DURING THE COURSE TO THEIR HOME COUNTRY
* Sample statistics from participants surveyed in 2015.
"IT HAS IGNITED A PASSION FOR THE ENVIRONMENT IN ME. I AM NOW MUCH MORE INTERESTED, AND CAN BETTER APPRECIATE NATURE THAN I COULD BEFORE THE TRIP.
I AM ALSO DEFINITELY TRYING TO BE MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY IN TERMS OF THE THINGS I DO EVERY DAY. ALSO, I MIGHT WANT TO PURSUE A CAREER IN THE FIELD OF MARINE BIOLOGY."